Saturday, January 15, 2011

January QK CLub

 February Calendar page..I know some of you aren't into the Valentine theme, however, these items could easily be changed out to other options. Minus the bigger heart, this is just a simple February page. Think about using QuicKutz/Lifestyles topsy-turvy cake, their cute cupcake or a picture of your loved one in its stead. 

 For the heart, I used a vintage card that I photocopied onto cardstock. Your options are limitless!


 The companion page to the January calendar is quite simple, but holds 2 4x6" photos stacked on the black mat. Remembering my goal to only use 4x6 images this year (oooh what a challenge), I made sure to allow extra in cutting the mat for the pictures to be framed. The white is for your journaling, or devoid of that, add a snowman or something else relevant to the pictures!


The lace is tied in a simple knot and the 'stickled' snowflake is layered over the knot with a glue dot.

Supplies for February calendar:
QK months die cuts
QK cupid die cut
QK heart cookie cutter die
Martha Stewart heart border punch
1 yd pink and black mini check ribbon
1 white decorative paper cardstock (it's embossed and sooo cool)
Black ink pad (cat's eye and preferably used)

Supplies for January companion page: (click HERE for a direct link)
5- 1/8" white brads
10" lace
small piece white card stock 3" x 5.5"
black and blue cardstock as used on the calendar pages
stickles as used on the calendar page
white ink pad




2 comments:

Sunny Simple Life said...

I love the snowflake page. I've always wanted one of the fancy die cut machines but never find it in my budget. Have to buy them pre-made.

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
I'm in the Valentine theme right now with making my napkins for my tablescape I'm getting all together today with red and white colors ~~ I love making my own ! Thanks so much for your lovely comments on my tablescape ~~~ I hope you have a great day with your family. xxoo Diane